Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Bugs From California

Have you heard of the “Legend of the Ladybug”


“Ladybugs” have become a very significant part of my family’s lives after my oldest brother Mike passed away just one year ago. My brother died of lung cancer and when diagnosed was only given a few months to live. He passed away after 6 months of great suffering. During those 6 months we all had our special moments and visits with Mike. He told each one of his siblings and his wife and children that he would come back to us! His daughter Gina went to her dad’s grave side and prayed to her father and asked him to please send her a sign. At that moment 2 ladybugs landed on Gina’s hand. Then his wife had ladybug encounters and his son as well.
I too have had many ladybug encounters and my husband as well. We know that it is my brother Mike coming back to us as he promised! I looked up ladybugs on the internet and found the “Legend of the Ladybug”! Then it all made sense to us why Mike is giving us a sign through the Ladybug. Mike was very devoted to Our Lady and prayed to her daily. Who doesn’t love a cute little Ladybug. But now the Ladybug has a very special meaning to our family and we can’t get enough of Ladybugs!! I think we could write a book on the ladybug encounters that my family has experienced. They are not your everyday encounters….they have been at significant times and that’s how we know..it’s Mike!!
--Bugs from California
(Bugs was a nickname my big brother called me when I was just a little girl)


Legend of the Ladybug Good Luck Ladybug

In most cultures, the Ladybug is considered Lucky or to bring Good Luck. And stories vary about how this legend began. The most popular began in Europe during the Middle Ages when swarms of insects were destroying the crops. The farmers prayed to the Virgin Mary for help. Soon thereafter the Ladybugs came, devouring the plant-destroying insects and saving the crops. The farmers called these beautiful insects 'The Beetles of Our Lady' which over time became 'Lady Beetles' or 'Lady Bugs'. The red wings were said to represent the Virgin's cloak and the black spots were symbolic of both her joys and her sorrows.

No comments:

Fun Ladybug Game